We are delighted to be working in partnership with Chiltern Hills Primary Care Network (NHS).
The Social Prescribing service is designed to help people with a range of problems that are not medical, but have a direct impact on their sense of wellbeing. We will listen to you; find out what is important to you and start to make an action plan to tackle your worries at a pace that suits you.
We try to help people find their own solutions rather than telling them what to do, so that they have more control over their own health and find ways to improve how they feel in a way that suits them.
Social prescribing aims to support people to improve and better manage their overall wellbeing by helping connect them to the many community-based services and organisations available locally. It is designed for people who may be socially isolated or have practical and emotional needs that affect their health and is a FREE service.
We can offer help with:
- Claiming Benefits, Help with completing benefit application forms, Support around a Disability
- Money Worries, Debts and Budgeting
- Employment Issues – We have an Employment Solicitor available
- Housing – Disrepair, Eviction, Landlord Issues, Anti-Social Behaviour, Neighbour Issues, Tenancy Agreements
- Relationship Breakdown – Divorce, Child Arrangements / Maintenance, Housing, Domestic Violence (We have a Family Law Solicitor available)
- Social isolation / loneliness, feeling more connected in your community
- Opportunities to socialise
We can link you with people, knowledge and activities that can help you to feel better. We might recommend groups and activities within the community, or local and national organisations who can help. We take a holistic approach, considering practical problems, lifestyle and wellbeing as interconnected issues that each impact on the other.
This is a short video introduction to Social Prescribing – What is Social Prescribing?
Referrals to Social Prescribing are made through your GP or other health professional so if you would like to make an appointment please ask your Doctors Surgery. We take referrals for patients registered with any of the GP Surgeries in Dunstable and Caddington.